This contract is for a world renown healthcare organization in southern Minnesota. Duration of contract is 10 months.
The Business Analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to processes and information systems. This position will focus on medical imaging.
The Business Analyst role is responsible for understanding and documenting requirements for specific problems within a focused area, translating these requirements into functional and non-functional specifications, and verifying that solutions meet the requirements. This is done through research, fact-finding, and skilled analysis methods combined with the understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements. This role also collaborates with other project team members to determine solutions and estimates for data, processes, interfaces, controls and outputs to fit within the schedule and budget.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand, identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities and advising business on options, risks and costs versus benefits of various solutions
• Works with Business Partners to assist in business process redesign as needed for realization of business benefits.
• Provide input to the development of formal business cases
• Translate business requirements into functional and non-functional specifications. Develop functional prototypes to further illustrate the business need. Actively manage and communicate changes to specifications.
• Compile all elicitation results and analyze requirements to help determine the best solution
• Models business information and processes.
• Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business (including COTS software packages), and if not, whether new solutions are feasible. Provides input to buy vs. build decisions.
• Provide input into solution design, architecture, testing, and data management activities of the project to ensure that solution meets the requirements.
• Support the Application Architect in understanding and assessing the fit and gaps between solution design and business requirements.
• Help analyze impact of proposed solution on existing technology platforms.
• Participates in validating, testing, and updating project documentation.
• Identify and communicate risks to delivering solutions on time
• Provide relevant test scenarios for the testing team; work with test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations
• Validate that the solution design meets business and functional requirements. Review test plans and testing results while maintaining traceability of end user requirements. Assist end-users in preparation and execution of User Acceptance testing.
• Ensure successful solution transition to the support organizations and business users. Support end users and support desk personnel on advanced product and usage issues
• Develop training material and facilitate in learning sessions
• Establish strong relationships with business stakeholders to understand the strategic direction and priorities for the domain
• This position will require constant collaborative interactions with co-workers across functional groups and departments. Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• B.S./M.S in, Information Technologies, Business Management, or related field.
• 3-6 years of experience with a Bachelors or 3 years experience with a Masters degree
• Demonstrated ability in liaising with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems.
• Experience in business analysis or business integration function and awareness of emerging business process automation trends
• Certification / experience in BABOK (CCBA or equivalent) highly desired
• Domain Knowledge: Understands the Healthcare industry and how it operates; Demonstrates knowledge of the domain and how technology solutions can improve or enhance existing processes and overall business results. Understands key business drivers of the domain’s strategy, key metrics, processes and its operating model. Has the ability to explain cost/benefit of recommendations presented to domain stakeholders
• Business Requirements Analysis/Documentation: Defining, documenting, and communicating business requirements needed to support technical enhancements
• Requirements Testability and Traceability: Verifying that requirements used in test cases match those requirements used in the development process
• Process Design / Re-Engineering: Analyzing design of business workflows, recommending changes to business processes under the framework of the company’s mission, goals and critical business measures such as cost, quality, service and speed
• Quality Assurance Standards and Governance: Developing and establishing risk-based systems development life cycle documentation, policies, and procedures to support implementation and delivery of non-regulated and regulated solutions and systems