This high exposure e-commerce business analyst opportunity is a role that resides in IT. This BA will be responsible for the implementation of support of the ecommerce platform. This means identify, analyze and understand the e-commerce needs and requirements of the company. Since his/her work involves the intervention of numerous departments, it is important that this individual has good teamwork and leadership skills.
- Gather, analyze and document internal and external business needs and detailed specifications
- Review and map business process and recommend changes when needed.
- Validate the functionalities developed with the various participants.
- Update existing documentation (e.g. procedures, business processes, user guides)
- Write/adapt training manuals and train future trainers as needed.
- Requirement definition and documentation of business processes.
- Project Management skills.
- Experience with Agile project management methodology.
- Have a good knowledge of development environments
- Be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Be familiar with database query tools
- Analytical and organization skills, ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work alone or on a team
- Sense of initiative and leadership
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Experienced in web commerce, shopping carts, storefronts and improving user experience with eCommerce sites. Minimum 4 years eCommerce experience.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.